Stair Ordering Made Simple
As one of the leading custom staircase designers, manufacturers, and installers in the world, The Great Lakes Stair & Millwork Co. has made the experience of ordering stairs efficient and simple. Whether you are a homeowner, custom home builder, architect, designer, commercial Contractor, supplier or lumber yard, The Great Lakes Stair and Millwork co. will partner with you in a streamlined process for a one-of-a-kind staircase solution.
With over 30 years’ experience in the design, manufacture, and installation of custom staircases, we know what it takes to make a project turn out successful. Our process is extremely easy and starts with simply reaching out to our team and sharing your thoughts and ideas about your perfect staircase. You may send us any drawings, sketches, pictures, and blueprints along with photos of staircases you like for inspiration. For home renovations, include photos of your existing stairs and surrounding area in your home where the staircase remodel will take place. Once we have your thoughts, our master staircase designers will review your information and provide a timely job proposal.
5 Simple Steps for ordering Custom Stairs.
- Contact us to discuss your project…. we enjoy listening to our potential customer’s needs. We will ask questions pertinent to understanding your project….and promise not to waste your valuable time.
- If you do not have time to chat, please send us Blueprints, sketches or drawings of the stair and stair area for us to better understand your project. We will e-mail back questions for any clarifications.
- Provide us any inspiration photo’s, web-site links or design ideas that will help us better understand what you want the stair system to resemble or look like.
- A proposal for your project will be prepared based on our discussions and information shared with each other.
- Upon proposal acceptance, we will begin the journey together in the development and fabrication of your “one of a kind” Custom Stair System.
Staircase Design and Installation
Upon approval of the stair system proposal, we will provide detailed shop drawings and specifications for the project. This process may include an onsite meeting to evaluate your space and provide field measuring to ensure proper fit, function, and finish.
We are also one of the only stair builders to make and create a full size field templates of the stair for the customer to see how the custom stair will fit in the given area….prior to stair fabrication. This service is INVALUABLE insurance to ensure fit and finish.
When the staircase details and design are finalized, our master craftsmen will build your stairway to your specifications in our manufacturing facility. When the stair system fabrication is completed at our facility, we will coordinate the delivery with you and make the installation process of your custom staircase worry free.
When it comes to your custom stair system installation, we can handle the entire process….if need be. It is well known that one of the most challenging aspects for a contractor is finding competent staircase installers or trim carpenters who can install and finish the stair system PROPERLY in your home or business. We pride ourselves on being a “one stop shop” as we can do as much or as little of the installation as you would like, including:
- We can build your stairway to your specifications and tailgate deliver it
- We can install the stair system at your location
- We can install and pre-finish the stair system to a high end cabinet grade finish
Again, We can do as much as possible to eliminate unnecessary 3rd party interaction, so the process is smooth and efficient and only one phone call is involved when questions arise: one day there is no staircase, the next day the staircase is up and walkable!
Your Staircase Is Important
The staircase is most often the first impression a guest or visitor will have when entering your home or business. During holidays and family get togethers, a beautiful staircase is where people gather and where all the photographs take place; your stairs and their architectural value set the tone for the rest of the home or building.
When you work with The Great Lakes Stair and Millwork Co., we share our 30 years’ experience to help guide you to a successful and fulfilling staircase project. We are not shy when it comes to advising customers on what works and what could cause problems during the “stair system” portion of your project. We will not let you waste money on a stair system that fails to meet your expectations. Our focus is entirely devoted to the design and installation of heirloom quality staircases that thrill our customers and will last a lifetime. We cannot say it enough: avoid trusting inexperienced or part-time carpenters and installers with such an important aspect of your home or business. Choose the experienced team at The Great Lakes Stair and Millwork Co. for your next custom staircase project.
Call Today: 330-225-2005
Free Project Review!
We’re affiliated with: